Why Trust Anyone Else.
- Large 8' x 8' x 8' burn-out oven with water injection
- Large 8' x 8' x 10' heat-curing oven
- High capacity VPI system (Up to 8,000 HP Motors)
- In addition, we also installed an overhead crane that can lift up to 20 tons (40,000 lbs)
- 80,000 Sq. Ft. Technician Center
Lastly, York's 9' Vacuum Pressure Impregnation system with cycle recording monitor ensures thorough penetration of resin, providing greater bonding power and heat dissipation - leading to a longer lasting repair!
This put us on par with only 2 other facilities in the state. Since then, we have worked hard to establish our reputation as the premiere large motor repair center in the region. We have received certifications from power companies, as well as recognition by municipalities, who rely on our ability to provide quality and efficient service on larger electrical apparatus.
A preventative maintenance repair can reduce your costs by saving your motor from a catastrophic breakdown, which can derail production for days or weeks. Or, if you do experience a breakdown, we can offer a timely, rewind and full-repair as well. Our full-service Technician Center performs the entire repair, under one roof using capabilities such as:
- Large motor repair up to 6,000 hp, from any manufacturer
- A VPI system for motors up to 8,000 hp
- A full winding department for large motor rewinds
- Rewind rotating poles on synchronous motors
- Complete machining capabilities, including several lathes, mills, grinders, presses, CNC turning centers, Full welding and metallizing
- Shaft repair and remanufacture
- Replace, repair bearings
- Remanufacture slip rings
- Rotor rewind and re-bar
- Dynamic balance up to 20,000 lbs.
- Full run testing on our isolated pad using a Hypotronics panel
When a repair is complete, we run-test your motor in our high voltage center, using our variable voltage power supply up to 7200VAC and VDC, on an isolated vibration-free floor plate, to guarantee the quality of our work and ensure peak performance of your motor.
Our strategic Bay City location enhances our ability to provide comprehensive services throughout the Midwest, including Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee and Kentucky.
Trust York for your large motor repair when you have a planned outage, or in need of a fast turnaround to decrease downtime.