What is Dry Ice Cleaning?
It is a process that uses compressed air to propel rice-sized frozen carbon dioxide (CO2) particles to a high velocity at the surface to be cleaned. The dry ice particles sublimate into a gas upon impact with the surface being cleaned, which removes the unwanted debris, or contaminate.
This process is completely safe for electrical equipment including electric motors. Since no water or chemicals are used, no external drying source is required and there are no environmental concerns. Dry ice is the best method for field cleaning!
Advantages of Dry Ice
- Environmentally friendly – No waste cleanup!
- Meets USDA, FDA and EPA guidelines.
- Quick and clean – Clean enough for the food industry!
- In-plant Service – No removal expense!
- Gets into the tightest spaces.
- No chemicals or abrasives used.
- Decreased downtime.
- Safer and more efficient for the operator.
- We arrive and conduct a full evaluation - itemized quote.
- PI test on motor to ensure the integrity of the windings.
- Disassemble motor; test and document all mechanical fits, bearings, etc.
- Tarp-off motor from surrounding area, clean off excess build-up.
- Dry ice clean (Blast) windings, rotor, and all air ducts.
- PI test again on windings, surge test if required.
- Re-assemble motor.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Other Cleaning Applications
Fans, Printing Presses, Switchgear, Generators, SCR Banks, Transformer bushings, Breakers, Relays, Distribution Buss, Substation Components
Our professional Field Service department is dedicated to providing on-site repair services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
With over 40 years of experience in industrial repair, YORK is your complete equipment maintenance solution!