We are looking to hire a full-time mechanic at our Lansing branch! Below is the job description, though we understand that the person hired may or may not immediately possess all of these abilities.
Essential Duties: Repairs special and standard AC and DC electro-mechanical equipment, and helps oversee the quality of work completed within their area.
Responsibilities: The following list contains key responsibilities; additional work may be assigned.
- Operates specialized repair and testing equipment.
- Regularly diagnoses and troubleshoots mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Proficiently disassembles/assembles eddy current clutches, Demags, reducers, pumps, complex mechanical equipment, etc.
- Carries out dynamic balance of rotor and armature assemblies as well as replaces/repairs mechanical parts (e.g. brushes, gears, seals, etc.).
- Regularly carries out vibration analysis.
- Procures special parts per material request form.
- Operates Fork Trucks (certified); Quality System/Safety Policy trained.
- Observes all safety procedures and uses proper protective gear.
Pay & Qualifications:
$14.00-$18.00 based on experience
Desired education: high school diploma/GED. It is ideal that candidates have experience in repairing industrial mechanical equipment. Other key skills include:
- Ability to foster good employee/employer relations.
- Sound mechanical aptitude and hand-eye coordination.
- Has a thorough understanding of motor components and electrical theory.
- Has a basic understanding of schematics.
- Can operate dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, and surge/megger testers.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and adequately carry out a range of physical labor.
How To Apply: email resumes to Dan Dickenson in Human Resources: email@example.com